How to care for the auto tires
Keeping the tires of our vehicles in good condition is of vital importance, especially if we consider that they are the only contact of the car with the asphalt. A tire with inadequate pressure, with different levels of wear, smooth, with protuberances or to which you can see the steel fabric that is inside could cause a tragedy. Follow these recommendations to be more calm about the subject.
The tires fulfill more functions than we imagined in the synchronized mechanism of our car. When we use the brakes, the tires collaborate to stop or slow down the vehicle. They participate by turning and changing direction and even support the weight of the vehicle. Also, they absorb moderately the irregularities of the road through which they pass, such as wells, stones, unevenness, etc.
The duration of the tires partly depends on the driving style. The way to take care of our tires is to circulate at a constant speed, avoiding intense braking and reducing speed before entering a curve.
- The tire pressure should be as indicated in the vehicle maintenance manual or that indicated by the tire manufacturer. So damaging is inflating them more than inflating them less. You have to check the pressure periodically. Always check the pressure of the tires when it is cold. For this we recommend you always have at hand Hercules Car Portable Car Air Compressor.
- It is necessary to observe its aging or degradation from possible cracking of the flanks. The tires hardens with the passage of time and its original properties, such as elasticity and adhesion, degrade. The deterioration can be accelerated by chemical products such as solvents, fuels, oils, etc. above all, by ultraviolet rays.
- Another recommendation that will help us conserve our tires is to keep the vehicle well aligned. A bad alignment reduces the performance of the tires and causes uneven wear in them.
- We must bear in mind that many manufacturers offer cataloged winter tires and cataloged tires for summer or all season. Ideally, have a game of each type.
- To get even wear on the tires, it is recommended to rotate them every 4 months. This means placing the butts on the front and the front on the back, but without changing the end. That is, those who went on the left will continue on the left and those who went on the left will continue there.
It is necessary to perform a constant and periodic maintenance of our tires, thus ensuring that they are in perfect condition and guarantee total safety.